Sunday, August 09, 2020

Two weeks away plus a brush with a tropical storm

I came back this week from a two weeks summer vacation to the beaches of Southwest Florida.  This vacation was different like everything is these days, but it was good to get out of the city and enjoy a relaxing time on a semi secluded beach.   For the first time the garden was left unattended for the two weeks I was away, the person that usually comes to check on the house was not able to do it this year, and making things worse, my sprinkler system is not working (no problem it rained everyday)  To the end of my holiday, tropical storm Isaias decided to pass nearby the Florida coast bringing tropical storm winds to the city.   I worried what I would find when I came back to Miami, but I was lucky the garden fare well, a little messy and overgrown but no damage from the storm. I lost a few potted plants from the excessive amount of rain, but that was to be expected. 





I nice surprise, I found the white orchids in full bloom, they only bloom once a year in late summer.

The bromeliads in the front of the garden were also a surprise, the red flowers are popping out everywhere.




 

1 comment:

Misti said...

Looking lush, Rusty! Glad the storm stayed away from y'all for the most part!