Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Was Santa good to you this year?



Santa was very good to me this year! Besides the usual gifts of ties and shirts, I received a bonsai tree from my daughters along with a how-to book. I have talked about learning the art of bonsai for a long time and now I have no excuse. The place where the girls bought the tree is also where I can take the classes. I’ll keep you posted.

This tree is a Fukien Tea.

I also received this plant, the Tacca Integrifolia (White Bat ), which is the plant that I tried to buy last month at the Tropical Garden Festival but was sold out. The wife remembered and got it for me from a local nursery.

This week I am off from work; I have no plans other then to puddle around the garden and watch some college football games. LG!!!!
Happy New Year to all.

2 comments:

Wicked Gardener said...

I love bat plants, at least when I see them in the stores. I've never tried to grow one. How often do the bloom?

Meems said...

Rusty- You had a nice Merry Christmas. I'll be curious to see how you do with the Bonsai. I didn't get any plants but my kids gave me some books on Florida gardening and Florida butterflies. Have a Happy New Year!