Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Congratulations to all of us!


This is a great day for our nation. As a Cuban-American, I am very proud of my country today. We citizen-voters have elected as our 44th president a biracial man, the son of an African father and a white mother from Kansas, who was raised in Hawaii by that single mother, attended the most prestigious university in America on student loans, and climbed the political ladder with the aid of millions of hopeful countrymen. Only in America!!.

The inauguration of our newest president, Barack Obama, is historic because of his heritage. He is the culmination of the dream of Dr. Martin Luther King, who spoke of the mountaintop to be reached. The challenges President Obama and our country face are monumental but today we can all hope and know that as a united people, in cooperation with all the citizens of the world, we shall overcome these challenges and set the course for a future where all men and women can aspire to the rights set down by our Founders—life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

May God illuminate and help our new president; may He provide him with wisdom and courage to confront our country’s challenges, and may He keep him and his family safe.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen, Rusty...you've said this beautifully. It'll be fun to watch the coming days and weeks and months, I'm sure. I'm certainly rooting for your new President!

My Little Family: said...

Perhaps the next Pres will be a Cuban American!

Anonymous said...

This is a great day. Very well said. I think the skeptics will have their plate handed to them when the economy turns around and there is peace. :)

*******************
*******************
FREE INTERNET SPEED TEST

Fast, Free, Secure
*******************
*******************

Anonymous said...

I think our country became a little more "American" yesterday.

Cheryl said...

Hi Rusty....it was with much joy in my heart that I watched your new President yesterday.....he seems a good man and I think he has much to offer the world.
As a UK citizen I look forward to watching him grow......

Anonymous said...

Hi ,
You have a very nice blog.
And please keep them updated.
I really like the information and the pictures.

I want to share about my country also. Please visit my website:
Bali Tours Guide and Bali Driver

Best regards
Dayu