Monday, July 13, 2009

Lady Finger Bananas


My two Ladyfinger Banana Plants have fruits; this weekend I noticed the two cluster of bananas growing on each tree.

The Ladyfinger Bananas are sweet thin-skinned and shaped like a cigar, these bananas are not like the one’s for sale at the local supermarket, they can be found in specialty markets, and are very popular in Latin America.

I did not go to the Mango Festival at Fairchild gardens this weekend, unfortunate my garden companion Rosie was ill. On Friday she had her teeth cleaned and she had a bad reaction to the anesthesia, my wife and I spend the weekend going to the vet’s office and one trip to the pet emergency hospital. She is doing much better today and is slowly getting back to normal.

7 comments:

Tira said...

These taste so much nicer than that supermarket forced ripen cavendish! When we were children all we had were these tasty and aromatic varieties-sucruiere, gros michel, silk, red bananas etc.

Jake said...

That is great, I love Banana Trees even just the ornamental ones. I have a Cavendih that I am waiting on at my house.

Jake

Darla said...

Very interesting banana trees. Hope Rosie continues to get better.

Dirt Princess said...

Wow! Let us know how they taste

Cheryl said...

Hi Rusty.....love to see the bananas growing, amazing....

I do hope that your trusty companion is better soon. Give her a hug from me......

Prospero said...

Get well soon, Rosie.

Rusty, I wonder if that's the same small bananas we have here.

The Dutchess said...

Hello there..I found your blog on my surch for Dragonflies....your garden is beautiful..Greets from Holland:)