Sunday, May 22, 2016

The new gate to heaven.

Two weeks ago, the old gate in the front of the house came down after many years of service.  It was not totally unexpected, since the old gate dated back to 1992. I contracted my son in law, an independent fine carpenter and I asked him to surprise me.   The design blew me away, the new gate totally changed the look of the front garden and now I have a new gate for the next fifty years.   



This week at the DragonFly Garden

The summer blooms are coming in fast as the weather turns hotter and humid.  This is the time when the cactus, orchids and bougainvilleas bloom regularly.


















You know the summer has arrived, when the Rangoon Creeper is in full bloom.

 I never get tired of taking pictures of butterflies in the garden, this one is a Julia

3 comments:

Susan said...

Love it! Very beautiful and creative. How nice to have a talented carpenter in the family.

Meta/roses. said...

The new gate is absolutely beautiful. Fine craftsman work and nice touch of the dragonfly on the gate. This gate really dresses up your lovely garden. Compliments to the carpenter.

Anonymous said...

Now that is a beautiful gate! Love the dragon fly. :-)