Saturday, April 28, 2018

The butterflies are back for the summer

As the snow birds fly north for the summer, the butterflies are move in.  Today I photographed several Zebras and a mating pair of Gulf Fritillaries in my garden.  The Fritillaries are not very common around here, so this was an exciting find.





This week at the DragonFly garden

One of my neighbors put this container in the garbage bin, after a new cote of paint it is now hosting one of my hibiscus plants.


This is what is left of my winter kitchen garden, the heat has kill most of the plants.  Today I moved what was left to shady area away from the hot sun.

This Sticks on Fire plant has grown almost to the roof of the house.  I have many of these plants around the garden, but none get that reddish color they are famous for. 


 New flowers this week are these beautiful Hibiscus and the blue King's Mantle.



New to the garden are these pinwheels, it turns out they are my two year old grandson favorite thing in the garden. 


1 comment:

Misti said...

I bet if you plant a passiflora you will have more gulf frits around. I remember them as being one of my most common butterflies---but I did have a passi.

What luck finding that container!

Summer--we got another taste of it here the other day but the last month has been cooler than usual so I haven't felt like we were heading to summer too quickly. But May will ramp up fast.