Sunday, September 30, 2018

Fall is in the air

The only sign we have, that fall is in the air, is when the Plumeria tree starts to drop all its leaves.  In a couple of weeks, they will all be on the floor.  Here in South Florida September is a hot summer month like any other, except that it is the high of hurricane season and no one knows what we have in store.  We lucked out this season, but it is not over yet. 

The garden looks green and lush, the summer has been a wet one and all the plants have taken advantage of the added rain.  I am holding off on starting any new projects until we get into mid-November when the threats of hurricanes have passed.

This week some of my plants started to show fall and winter blooms.
Powerpuff tree



Bride's bouquet 


Brasilian red

Now that I am retired, I am more careful with my plant purchases.  I found these Torenia on sale at Home Depot for a $1 each.  Perfect to fill a couple of hanging baskets. 

I am experimenting with my Micro lens, I have a long way to go before I can get the hang of it.  I like the photo of the Blue Porter flower and the out focus backdrop.




1 comment:

Hillary B said...

Greeat post thanks